Park Ji-min (박지민) is a South Korean singer-songwriter and television presenter. Jimin is best known as the winner of the first season of K-Pop Star and as a former member of the vocal duo 15& and the project group M.O.L.A.
We list 20 facts below that every true Jimin Park fan needs to know. 👇 👇 👇
Also, we have a lil surprise for you Soju fam!!! 😊 Scroll all the way down to learn how you can win a pair of tickets to Jimin's Vancouver concert that will take place on February 8 at Levels. 😍
T O P 2 0 J I M I N P A R K F A C T S
1. Jimin Park's birth name is Park Ji-min (박지민), her stage name is Jimin Park, her English name is Jamie Park and her fandom name is BabyJ.
2. Park Ji-min was born in Jung-gu, Daejeon, South Korea. She lived in Thailand for seven years and went to Garden International School Bangkok where she was known as Jamie. Jimin's family currently lives in Seoul.
3. Jimin speaks Korean (her native language), fluent English and basic Thai but prefers to speak English over Korean.
4. Jimin has graduated from the Hanlim School of Performing Arts alongside group member Baek Yerin, as well as label mate Yugyeom of GOT7 in 2016.
5. Park Jimin started her career in JYP Entertainment when she participated in SBS’s K-Pop Star. She finished first. Winning the competition means that she had the opportunity to sign with either YG, SM or JYP Entertainment. In the end, she picked the latter and went on to debut with Baek Yerin for 15& on 19 September, 2012.
6. Jimin Park officially debuted with duo 15& with released digital single "I Dream" on October 5, 2012.
7. In October 2012, Park donated 50 million won (~$56,000 CAD) to Hanbit Performing Arts Company for blind musicians. Jimin shared, “The Hanbit Performing Arts Company hosts young, elementary school students as well as professional performers. Although they are blind, they are musicians who are performing with amazing talent. I want to be at least a small help to those who have the same love for music that I have.”
8. 15& eventually went on hiatus after February 2015 and de facto disbanded following Jimin's departure from JYP Entertainment after her seven-year contract expired on August 6, 2019.
9. On August 14, 2015, Jimin announced a project group she had formed with Seung-youn of UNIQ and rapper Nathan. Their group name was later revealed to be M.O.L.A (Make Our Life Awesome), and they released their first track "My Way" on August 20. Their second song "Trick or Treat" was released on October 31, where Jimin made her second recorded comeback as a rapper.
10. Jimin made her solo debut with “Hopeless Love” on April 5, 2015.